[P2P-F] Buchanan

Sandwichman lumpoflabor at gmail.com
Tue Dec 27 19:53:13 CET 2011

A single particular item? I described THREE egregious distortions. There
were more in the particular book I was looking at but there was no point
beating a dead horse. For the broader context of "the forest", you need to
read Martin Jay's essay from Salmagundi "*Dialectic of
Counter-Enlightenment: The Frankfurt School as Scapegoat of the Lunatic
Fringe*" that presents extensive documentation (including first-hand
experience) of William S. Lind's (Buchanan's friend and source) spurious
documentary:

http://cms.skidmore.edu/salmagundi/backissues/168-169/martin-jay-frankfurt-school-as-scapegoat.cfm

See also "The Frankfurt School, Right-Wing Conspiracy Theories, and
American Conservatism":

http://us-intellectual-history.blogspot.com/2011/07/frankfurt-school-right-wing-conspiracy.html

"...your concerns are obviously ideologically driven."

On Tue, Dec 27, 2011 at 9:36 AM, Natalie Golovin <10natalie at cox.net> wrote:

>   How does misrepresentation of sources re the single particular item you
> dissected translate into SYSTEMATIC misrepresentation of his thesis-which
> asks the reader to consider whether “dying populations & immigrant
> invasions imperil....?” The book was published in 2002, and from all
> current news accounts, the majority populations in Europe are now voicing
> these concerns. I don’t remember PB’s many critics dismissing him on
> account of rampant plagiarism. If one goes to the often voluminous Notes
> section of any book and puts entries under a microscope, I would presume
> few authors would come out unscathed. You may have uprooted some of the
> trees in the forest, but the substance remains. Time will tell whether it
> will burn down, but your concerns are obviously ideologically driven.

Sandwichman