[P2P-F] What is a fair economic system to you?

Dante-Gabryell Monson dante.monson at gmail.com
Sun Dec 18 00:45:46 CET 2011

On Sat, Dec 17, 2011 at 10:16 PM, Apostolis Xekoukoulotakis <
xekoukou at gmail.com> wrote:

> Yes patrick that is what i mean. I also think that this is the only
> natural - common sense thing to do. But i would like to hear what the
> others say because i may be wrong.
>
> I also agree with Dante about limiting private accumulation but I think
> that if we do what patrick and i say, we will nullify the previous wealth
> from affecting the future creation and distribution of wealth. Think of
> this wealth like a ferrari. Let them have this wealth. the ferrari cant
> make more ferrari s and increase inequality in opportunity.

Thanks - ok , let the super rich keep their Ferrari. ( or Yacht , or Villa )
What if we use the example of accumulated property of land and housing ?

> (I am also in the direction of automating the whole process. People will
> put what they want and how much they like to work at a specific job, and
> the programm will automatically designate what job is the best for each
> person and the prices and amount of products that will be created.
> Engineers will also be able to put new production methods and the new graph
> will be instantly computed plus the price that people would be willing to
> pay for the new production method.)

So you would still keep a market pricing approach ?

This leads me to another p2pf page

http://p2pfoundation.net/Relational_Model_Typology_-_Fiske

as for the software,
I know other projects are in development, such as
http://www.automenta.com/netention

> There is one problem though.
>
> Since profit will not exist,  it will just flow back to the consumers and
> producers, we will have a problem of competition with the rest of the world
> in which workers and consumers are forced to pay profit.

The way I understand it through these conversations,
is that there is interest in setting up what, to me, resembles very much
consumer and worker cooperatives ?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Consumer_cooperative

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Worker_cooperative