[P2P-F] Fw: 100% for 100% -A Personal Message from BFI's Executive Director

robert searle dharao4 at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Dec 17 11:02:48 CET 2011

----- Forwarded Message -----
From: The Buckminster Fuller Institute <contact at bfi.org>
To: Searle88 <dharao4 at yahoo.co.uk>
Sent: Friday, 16 December 2011, 20:31
Subject: 100% for 100% -A Personal Message from BFI's Executive Director

Having trouble viewing this email? View it in your browser.

100% for 100% -A Personal Message from BFI's Executive Director

Hello Everybody,

I want to thank you for your interest in The Buckminster Fuller Institute and encourage you to deepen your support and make a financial contribution to BFI before the end of the year.

As you may be aware, Bucky pursued a design objective throughout his lifetime to make the world work for 100% of humanity. He did this through the simultaneous and synergistic pursuit of research, discovery, invention, communication and education. Over the past seven years, I have had the privilege to work with an incredibly committed group of advisors, board members, staff, volunteers and donors to re-structure BFI and create leading-edge programs that carry on the spirit of Bucky's vision.

I am very proud of what we have accomplished together to ensure that a comprehensive anticipatory design science approach to solving our world's most pressing problems is at the forefront of the debate about the role of design in the transformation of our world.

2011 has been a huge year for BFI. Highlights include entering in to our 5th cycle of The Buckminster Fuller Challenge; welcoming a visionary new President to lead the board and steer BFI's vision; and engaging in a historic restoration, installation and exhibition of one of Fuller's most iconic artifacts. Our work is garnering headlines and having an impact on some of the world's most impactful cultural stages. I invite you to peruse just a few examples of this below – links to short videos featuring architect Norman Foster + Design Miami founder, Craig Robins; design maverick John Thakara, and sustainability pioneer David Orr.

We need your financial support to ensure that BFI can continue this work – and importantly, expand our impact, extend our partnerships and offer more programs.

I would like to achieve 100% financial participation of our network to support Bucky's vision for 100% of humanity. Please share in our work by supporting BFI with a financial contribution today - whatever you are able to contribute make a BIG difference.

In partnership for 100%,

Elizabeth Thompson, Executive Director

Click here to make a contribution today.

Click here to support our work by purchasing a Buckminster Fuller commemorative edition of BuckyBalls – the world's leading desktop toy!

Click here to purchase an educational gift from BFI's on-line store.

BFI is recognized by the IRS as a 501 (c) (3) organization. Gifts are deductible to the extent provided by law.

181 N. 11th St. #402 | Brooklyn, NY 11211 | p 718 290 9280 | f 718 290 9281 | bfi.org | contact

  This email is sent from:
The Buckminster Fuller Institute
181 N11th St, Suite 402
Brooklyn, NY 11211
United Statesp 718 290 9280 | f 718 290 9281 | bfi.org | contact
To unsubscribe from this newsletter, click here.
To never receive email from The Buckminster Fuller Institute, click here.