[P2P-F] Please help me understand who are "investors?"

Patrick Anderson agnucius at gmail.com
Thu Dec 15 01:02:13 CET 2011

James Wallbank wrote:
> Are these investors... the people RESPONSIBLE... us?

Yes, but that is only because we are confused about
*why* we should invest.

We think we should invest so we can accumulate tokens.

But tokens are only *pointers* to value.

We should be investing for Product, but for some reason
cannot imagine this simplified scenario.

We need to build For-Product corporations funded by
the Consumers of those Products.

People who want eggs would co-own a chicken farm.

People who want milk would co-own a dairy.

People who want public transportation would co-own a bus.

People who want Internet connectivity would co-own an ISP.

People who want cloud storage would co-own a datacenter.

There is no need to sell those products, except the surplus.

Any surplus sold should be sold at a Profit (allowing the
market to set the Price), but then we must treat that
overpayment as though it were an Investment from that
latecoming, disadvantaged Payer - so each and every
one of us can eventually co-own the Means required to
Produce all that we need.