[P2P-F] Ordoliberalism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Michel Bauwens michel at p2pfoundation.net
Sun Dec 11 10:51:43 CET 2011

the economy has always been political, it has always been planned or
steered either by public or private actors (and in reaction to popular
demands) ... in a very long historical era where 'big' meant 'stronger',
there was always a strong political bias to create conditions for large
actors to emerge ...only very recently have we reached peak hierarchy where
it now makes sense to have political economies geared towards flexible
distribution but still towards a bias towards 'scope' instead of scale

the state can be captured,and has been repeatedly, BUT, it also reflects
the social balance of forces and does change as a result of popular
pressure and demand