[P2P-F] Fwd: [fcforum] Crowdfunding Commons with Goteo

Michel Bauwens michel at p2pfoundation.net
Thu Dec 8 00:06:15 CET 2011

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Olivier Schulbaum <olivierschulbaum at platoniq.net>
Date: Wed, Dec 7, 2011 at 11:18 PM
Subject: [fcforum] Crowdfunding Commons with Goteo
To: fcforum at list.fcforum.net
Cc: fcforum_info at list.fcforum.net

Hello to @ll

As you many of you probably know in this list, we have developed Goteo.org as
a tool that tries to take collective funding further, creating a network
where citizens but also institutions can join forces and resources to help
open projects grow and, by this mean, contribute to the Commons in
different fields.

We have just begun and we know it’s a quite big challenge, but at the same
time we’re happy because in a little time the idea has a very significant
support: since we opened one month ago there are two projects funded
already http://www.goteo.org/project/tuderechoasaber.es?lang=en<http://www.goteo.org/project/tuderechoasaber.es>
 and http://www.goteo.org/project/bookcamping, we have nearly 2.000 daily
visits in Goteo.org and growing (around 53.000 visits in a month), more
than 1.000 registered users in the platform and 1.800 followers of
@goteofunding, also many dedicated posts and press pieces (
http://www.goteo.org/press).

All this confirms us we’re in the right direction and the aim
of crowdfunding the Commons is widely shared, while with our little team we
try to start more processes and alliances. However, at this moment it’s
critical that we can give a significant push to the first projects that
have bet for this openness, which have only few days ahead for reaching
their goal and this way giving more strength to the deployment of Goteo.

So it would be awesome if you can find a way to give support individually
or from the institutions you represent to a couple of projects that we
think have a lot to do with the mission of free culture, considering that
they offer also interesting dedicated rewards to its bakers. On one hand,
as you know from the FCForum, Move Commons is a tool for initiatives,
collectives, NGOs and social movements to declare the principles they are
committed to (http://www.goteo.org/project/move-commons?lang=en). On the
other, we
also think Robocicla (http://www.goteo.org/project/cuentojuegos-robocicla)
has lots of connections too with open culture, as a project for
developing game-books for kids to learn about the philosophy and values
behind the Open Source world.

Both are in a critical moment rigth now, where any amount can accelerate
more co-funding, and where of course if any significant help from an
institution or individual arises we would love to publicly recognise it :)

Cheers, RT's and feedback welcome ;)
http://www.goteo.org/about?lang=en

olivier
Platoniq: