[P2P-F] Fwd: Designs on eLearning 2012 - Cloud and Crowd: call for papers

Michel Bauwens michel at p2pfoundation.net
Thu Dec 8 00:00:54 CET 2011

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Owen Kelly <owen.kelly at arcada.fi>
Date: Thu, Dec 8, 2011 at 12:29 AM
Subject: Designs on eLearning 2012 - Cloud and Crowd: call for papers

Hello everyone,

Robin Shaw has asked me to forward this to everyone who attended the
conference in Helsinki. Please address any replies, questions, comments and
so on to Robin and Charlotte (and not me!)

Cheers
Owen

Cloud and Crowd: Towards a collaborative future

Designs on eLearning
5, 6 and 7 September 2012
University of the Arts, London

Call for papers
The eighth Designs on E-Learning international conference in the use of
technology for teaching and learning in art, design and communication will
be hosted by the Centre for Learning and Teaching (cltad) at University of
the Arts, London, UK, on the 5th, 6th and 7th September 2012.

Conference Themes:

Social Media
The Studio and Technology
Digital Literacy
User Generated Content
Collaboration and Community Building
Sustainability

Submitted abstracts will be assessed in a blind review process.

The format of the conference will be innovative, with barcamps, streamed
sessions, discussions, performances and creative work. We are particularly
interested in submissions by artists, museums and galleries and those
involved in Art and Design practice in education.

Designs on eLearning  invites the submission of abstracts for consideration
by 20th April 2012.   The abstract should not exceed 1000 words in length.
This will be the version published in the Designs on eLearning 2012
Conference Proceedings.

The Designs on E-Learning website will be available for the uploading of
Abstracts and other proposals from 5th February 2012.
The conference Review Committee will make a decision in May based on the
abstract.

The accepted papers will be available on the website well in advance of the
conference.  Presentations at the conference will be of limited duration to
maximise the time for discussion.

Please add your details to our Mailing List if you intend to submit an
Abstract, or you wish updates on the Conference.

Posters/Demos/Workshop Sessions
There will be space available for the display of work in progress, ongoing
projects, creative performances and research findings relating to the use
of computers in teaching and learning in art, design and communication.
 The Designs on eLearning Committee will consider descriptions of projects
or concepts of no more than 500 words for proposals.

It is the intention of the Organising Committee to select the most
interesting presentations at the conference and invite the presenters to
expand the material into a full research paper to be published in a special
edition of an appropriate journal, following peer review by a distinguished
international committee.  Negotiations are underway with journals in the
field to secure this.

Robin Shaw
Conference Organiser
r.shaw at arts.ac.uk