[P2P-F] video - leveraging by using financial markets - food bubble, how wall street starved millions -

Apostolis Xekoukoulotakis xekoukou at gmail.com
Wed Dec 7 04:59:58 CET 2011

A future contract allows you to make a promise in the future that you will
buy a product. If for example you wanted to buy 33 ounches of gold in the
future, you would have to pay 50 dollars to make that promise and would
have to keep 3000 in the bank. 1 ounce today is 1750 dolars.

That means that they can inflate the price of a commodity with very few
capital.

2011/12/7 Patrick Anderson <agnucius at gmail.com>

> Profit measures the Consumer's lack of (co-)ownership in the Means of
> Production.
>
> Seeking to perpetuate Profit is seeking to perpetuate scarcity.
>
> We must choose the Consumers to *be* the Investors, with the return
> for that risk being the Product itself.
>
> This will cause those owners to never buy the Product again, since
> they will own it already.
>
> Only latecomers with insufficient ownership will need to purchase
> Product, and in that case, we will treat the Profit as their
> Investment so they too gain the (co-)ownership they need to protect
> them from those who would carelessly treat that overpayment as a
> reward for the current owners.
>
> Treating Profit as a reward for current owners causes a concentration
> of property (the rich get richer) and also incents those owners to
> destroy all other alternatives.  It is the basis of artificial
> scarcity, manufactured destruction, and even war.

Sincerely yours,

     Apostolis Xekoukoulotakis