[P2P-F] Fwd: [Centre] Michel and Volker at Winchester

Michel Bauwens michel at p2pfoundation.net
Tue Dec 6 23:01:31 CET 2011

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Cubitt S.R. <S.R.Cubitt at soton.ac.uk>
Date: Mon, Dec 5, 2011 at 11:35 PM
Subject: [Centre] Michel and Volker at Winchester
To: Group working in the Centre for Copyright and New Business Models in
the Creative Economy <p2p-centre at lists.ourproject.org>

>Sorry for the late announcement but getting the event to occur has been a
>matter of constant small adjustments.

Volker will be here on the night of the 8th (Michel arrives later the same
night from a previous engagement). For operational reasons here at the
School, the talk has to be at 12.00 midday on the 9th. I propose that
those of the consortium who can be here come to lunch after the talk, then
spend the afternoon in discussion of future plans for peer-to-peer
research collaboration. We can then go for dinner with those who are able
to stay

Here is the announcement for the talk

Looking forward to welcoming you here

Sean

THE WINCHESTER CENTRE FOR GLOBAL FUTURES IN ART DESIGN & MEDIA

Invitation for all to attend the next talk in our new Global Futures
Speakers' Series, Friday, 9 December 2011, 12:00 ­ 13:00 in Lecture
Theatre A at WSA:

Title: "P2P Economics  = Shared Innovation Commons + Mutualist Phyles?"
Speaker: Michel Bauwens (founder of the Foundation of Peer-to-Peer
Alternatives)

Patterns that prefigure a horizontalized future: If the current political
economy's DNA is based on combining false material infinity with
artificially maintained scarcity, can we imagine a future political
economy where this polarity is reversed? Given an increasing amount of
evidence collected by the P2P Foundation and other research collectives,
we believe that humanity is already actively preparing such a
transformation. We'll review the evidence for a major social phase
transition. What will be the place of the state, the market and civil
society in such a scenario?

"Michel Bauwens is the founder of the Foundation for Peer-to-Peer
Alternatives and works in collaboration with a global group of researchers
in the exploration of peer production, governance, and property. He has
co-produced the 3-hour TV documentary Technocalyps with Frank Theys, and
co-edited the two-volume book on anthropology of digital society with
Salvino Salvaggio. Michel is currently Primavera Research Fellow at the
University of Amsterdam and external expert at the Pontifical Academy of
Social Sciences (2008, 2012). Michel currently lives in Chiang Mai,
Thailand, has taught at Payap University and Dhurakij Pandit University's
International College. He is a founding member of the Commons Strategies
Group.In his first business career, Michel worked for USIA, British
Petroleum, riverland Publications, Belgacom, and created two internet
start-ups." - from: http://p2pfoundation.net/Michel_Bauwens/Full_Bio

Centre for Copyright and New Business Models in the Creative Economy
Wiki space: http://p2pfoundation.net/projects/doku.php/centre:start