[P2P-F] Fwd: August Issue of OSBR Available + Important Announcement

Michel Bauwens michel at p2pfoundation.net
Thu Aug 11 15:18:35 CEST 2011

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Chris McPhee <chris.mcphee at osbr.ca>
Date: Wed, Aug 3, 2011 at 10:21 PM
Subject: August Issue of OSBR Available + Important Announcement
To: Chris McPhee <chris.mcphee at osbr.ca>

Dear Readers,

The August 2011 issue of the OSBR is now available at osbr.ca. For this
issue of the OSBR, we issued a general invitation to authors to submit
articles on the topics of open source business and the growth of early-stage
technology companies.

Anthony Casson and Leslie Hawthorn from Oregon State University describe
the Open Source Lab, which is home to many of the world's leading open
source projects. They describe the benefits the lab provides to the projects
it supports and the real-word experiences and educational opportunities it
provides to its student employees.

Tyler Mitchell, Executive Director of the Open Source Geospatial Foundation
(OSGeo), examines social interoperability as a parallel capability to
technical interoperability. Using OSGeo as a case study, he highlights the
importance of effective communication and relationships in enabling
innovation within open source projects.

Sandro Groganz, Co-Founder of Age of Peers, shares insights into the
structures and relationships of vendor-led open source ecosystems to
highlight the business strategies available to partners.

Tony Wacheski, CEO of Anystone Technologies, shares the lessons he and his
co-founder learned during their first year as entrepreneurs. He describes
the company's first applications and the valuable development, marketing,
and sales experience they provided.

In the final article, I look back at four years of the OSBR and describe
upcoming changes that will see the publication become the Technology
Innovation Management Review starting in September. I describe how the OSBR
started in July 2007, the knowledge gap it hoped to fill, and the diversity
of topics and authors that filled its pages over 50 issues. Finally, I
describe the new publication's broader scope, which formalizes a shift that
has been gradually occurring over the four years of the OSBR.

In September, we look forward to the first issue of the Technology
Innovation Management Review. We welcome your feedback and invite you to
submit articles on the topics of managing innovation, entrepreneurship, open
source business, economic development, or the growth of early-stage
technology companies. Please contact me (chris.mcphee at osbr.ca) if you are
interested in submitting an article for the August issue.

Kind regards,

Chris McPhee
Editor, Open Source Business Resource
http://www.osbr.ca

If you no longer wish to receive email notifications from the OSBR, please
send your request by email and I will unsubscribe you.
Open Source Business Resource
http://www.osbr.ca/ojs/index.php/osbr