[P2P-F] michigan developments

Kevin Carson free.market.anticapitalist at gmail.com
Fri Apr 29 02:17:25 CEST 2011

On Thu, Apr 28, 2011 at 1:00 PM, Michel Bauwens <michelsub2004 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear Sam,
>
> I'm personally not suggesting that p2p people should create a political
> party, BUT, I do think that we should have bridges to the institutional
> world, and that includes a network of sympathetic politicians,

> so it's not about creating a p2p political party, but of meshworking
> political and non-political people around shared concerns wherever they can
> be active

I think what you suggest is the optimal form of political
participation.  The first emphasis should be on building
counterinstitutions at the local level and taking advantage of the
potential offered by liberatory technologies to create spaces outside
of state/corporate control, as Sam writes here:

Instead, I am really focused on
>> providing plausible alternatives to food, energy, education,
>> technology and culture systems in our cities and communities, where
>> people can co-govern the resources, an collaborate with others in the
>> region who are doing the same.

To the extent that we're involved in politics, it should be by
developing informal friendly ties and networking with particular
individuals inside the party establishments, or by participating in ad
hoc issue-oriented pressure campaigns in coalition with groups like
EFF.

--
Kevin Carson
Mutualist Blog:  Free Market Anti-Capitalism