[P2P-F] michigan developments

Michel Bauwens michelsub2004 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 28 20:00:43 CEST 2011

Dear Sam,

I'm personally not suggesting that p2p people should create a political
party, BUT, I do think that we should have bridges to the institutional
world, and that includes a network of sympathetic politicians,

in Europe, for example around EU legislation, there is now a network of
digital rights organisations (opennet coalition) that can quickly not only
mobilize sympathizers, but also a network of national and european MEP's
that can be counted on to support p2p rights legislation ... generally
speaking, from experience, the Pirate Party (ies), the Greens and sections
of the left parties are generally sympathetic, while parties of the right
side with copyright maximalism ...; same for commons-related topics

I would suggest that this also needs to happen in the U.S., and I'm
hypothising that organisations like EFF are doing this?

so it's not about creating a p2p political party, but of meshworking
political and non-political people around shared concerns wherever they can
be active