[P2P-F] Distributed Debate and Consensus Forum, request for comments

Michel Bauwens michelsub2004 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 18 05:20:21 CEST 2011

Dear Michael,

I have collected a great deal of material under
http://p2pfoundation.net/Category:Facilitation

and on delicious, http://delicious.com/mbauwens/P2P-Facilitation but also
http://delicious.com/mbauwens/Collective-Choice-Systems

you may want to talk with Philippe Aigrain, maker of a sophisticated system
for mutual policy dialogue and making,

Michel

Michael Grube <michael.grube at gmail.com> Apr 17 05:10PM -0400
^<?ui=2&view=bsp&ver=ohhl4rw8mbn4#12f66206f2656931_digest_top>

Guys,

I'm in the process of hacking together a (really) rough version of a peer
decision making system. The major points are:

- The system is decentralized (running on a peer to peer network)
- The system stores its own reference content (we are not feeding off of
the already existing web)
- There is a structured, systematic process for argumentation. The idea
is not so much using logic to prove somebody correct or incorrect, but
simply to help the group decide what it believess is a good decision.

The first two points have been done over and over so many times that they
are relatively straight forward to implement at this point. However the last
point is the one I really need all of your help with. In fact I was at first
inclined to implement this over Freenet at first(Seriously guys, most
underrated peer to peer network in existence - I can't stress this enough)
and eventually will probably use some sort of lightweight implementation of
the Freenet routing algorithm eventually but really at the moment I just
want to get something running.

What makes a good argumentation and decision making system? Wikipedia has
some good material on this topic, but as most of the active members on this
list are organizers in some form I thought it would be helpful to get input
from you all.

I'll make a github repo tonight and post some related code that I'm working
on (it will *not* be working) later on this week.

Ok guys, let me have it!

Michael