[P2P-F] is p2p akin to anarchism

Kevin Carson free.market.anticapitalist at gmail.com
Tue Apr 12 19:09:33 CEST 2011

On Tue, Apr 12, 2011 at 12:38 AM, Michel Bauwens
<michelsub2004 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I was initally tempted to reply to this, but a later comment about my essay being total crap, shows it's not the kind of person with whom a dialogue would be fruitful,

In any case there are qualitative differences from the industrial
system to which classical syndicalism was supposed to be applied.

Syndicalism was based on majority governance of each node, in an
environment where individual nodes were expensive and required more
than one person to work them, so that it was necessary for the will of
a majority to bind a minority.  In other words, participation,
secession and forking weren't scalable.  As a result, coordination had
to be social rather than stigmergic.

Under classical syndicalism, the New York Times and CBS News, or BMG
Records, would be governed by workers' syndicates, because their
enormous capital expense would mandate collective ownership and
democratic governance.  A system in which the "printing press" is
universally affordable by individuals is fundamentally different.

--
Kevin Carson
Mutualist Blog:  Free Market Anti-Capitalism