[P2P-F] itizen ...

Michel Bauwens michelsub2004 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 12 07:51:59 CEST 2011

hi sepp, t his looks worth looking into and presenting on our blog,

Michel

http://www.shareable.net/blog/should-products-be-designed-for-sharing

(I asked Massimo to present the article as a whole)

*10. Itizen <http://itizen.com/> — Minneapolis*

*Style & Conscience <http://www.styleandconscience.com/> purse with Itizen
QR tag, Itizen mobile app. Photo credit: Style & Conscience, Itizen*

Itizen is a publishing platform that allows you to attach digital content to
physical things with the use of QR codes. It makes any object more shareable
by connecting it to a network, enabling the user to track its condition and
whereabouts, and allowing the user to access personalized and useful
information. Users can add content and capture the full life of the object
as it is used, maintained, enhanced, and passed on to others. By making an
object an “itizen,” any thing a person has can become a valuable contributor
to one’s community. (Full disclosure, I’m one of the founders of Itizen.)

It's ideas like all of these that make Botsman look toward the future of
collective consumption with enthusiasm. She says, "I could not think of a
more exciting time to be a designer. We are just at the start of a massive
ownership revolution where we are focusing on how we can access the need or
benefit of a product. In some instances, there is a white space opportunity
to create services that dematerialize the physical product all together
(e.g. e-Books), and in other cases, it's about designing a system that makes
a product smart, social, and easily shareable."