[P2P-F] Fwd: singularities ? analytical and/or intuitive/creative combined emergences ?

Michel Bauwens michelsub2004 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 9 15:25:50 CEST 2011

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Dante-Gabryell Monson <dante.monson at gmail.com>
Date: Sat, Apr 9, 2011 at 7:18 PM
Subject: singularities ? analytical and/or intuitive/creative combined
emergences ?
To: econowmix at googlegroups.com

Technological Singularity<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Technological_singularity>seems
to promise an acceleration of change ( ? ),
potentially related to some exponential increase of ( analytical ? )
processing capacity ?

http://singularityhub.com/2011/04/04/kurzweil-is-confident-machines-will-pass-turing-test-by-2029-video-2/

Hence when making a comparison with Jill Bolte Taylor's "Stroke of Insight",

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UyyjU8fzEYU

>From what I remember of Jill Bolte Taylor's presentation,
left and right "hemispheres" of the brain may have different approaches to
processing,
with the left brain apparently supporting more
"analytical/sequential/logical" processing of experience,
and the right brain apparently supporting more intuitive/creative processing
of experience.
(
http://www.indiaparenting.com/raising-children/253_443/left-brain-right-brain.html
 )

I personally perceive such technological potential for artificial
intelligence as more of a analytical processing capability,
even when enabling increased broad view potential.

My question - it may still seem metaphysical at present :
is there to be an adaptation, by emergence , where intuitive/creative right
brain potential of perception of current beings/entities able to use it,
going to increase based on interconnectivity with analytical technological
singularity ?

Or is there to be a combined analytical and creative/intuitive acceleration
rooted directly within technology ?