[Centre] draft

Sean Cubitt sean.cubitt at unimelb.edu.au
Tue Aug 23 13:21:20 CEST 2011

I sent this yesterday but the listserver bounced saying I had to many recipients:

The problem being that we do not yet know the total of those invovled; and we have not got a way to articulate the loose grouping so far at southampton with the P2P communication channels – Franco: when the bounce reaches you, it might be as well to add the people named to the circuation for this list

I also copy in the two people who will be working this the net phase (till 2 september) whie I'm on fieldwork: Prof sally Jane Norman and Dr Lorraine Warren

I paste the original message and the list f recipients: I sent it at 4.00pm BST; only three comments retrned so far, all supportive ; we have also got a lot of local partners some listed who have now sent support messages, important fpr our tatctical presentation

Sean

+++++++++++++++++++++

Dear Colleagues

The team asked me to to a first draft of the EoI

I am delighted to acknowledge the generous help of Prof Sally Jane Norman
from Sussex who has come aboard and been a rock

I've also taken the liberty of contacting more potential partners.
Unfoprtunately everyone else is at the beach - which is why the wild-eyed
trot got the job of drafting this

Absolutely the first draft. I've left space for additions, and of course
we will have to rewrite as a group

I may have put in too much detail on personnel; ad we may need it for a
more strategic expression in the section on Partnership; colleagues will
also I trust have theior own drums to beat as to 'orograms of work' - I
think  the model may be good; and I hope that we reflect the originality
of he proposal

By the way Prof Ian Hargreaves has agreed to come and give a talk at
Winchester in the autumn term; we are just negotiating dates with lawrence
Lessig to arrange a dialogue between them. Unfortunately we are not able
to make their dates coincide with Michel bauwens visit here in december,
but a ball will be very truly rolling by then

Technicalities: I leave to walk the Pilgrim's Way on Thirsday morning and
will have little or no e-mail access. Lorraine Warren
<L.Warren at soton.ac.uk<mailto:L.Warren at soton.ac.uk>> kindly offered to pick up the baton during my
absence - I shoud be available on the 2nd of September

I had thought of posting on the P2P wiki or to Google Docs for editing but
with so many hands, I'm not sure whether that is the best way:
recommendations would be excellent

With thanks
]
Sean

Matthews N.S. <N.S.Matthews at soton.ac.uk>; Appleby K.M. <K.M.Appleby at soton.ac.uk>; Beales R.M. <richard.beales at soton.ac.uk>; Brailsford S.C. <S.C.Brailsford at soton.ac.uk>; Butler P. <P.Butler at soton.ac.uk>; Earl G.P. <graeme.earl at soton.ac.uk>; Foster S.A. <S.A.Foster at soton.ac.uk>; Harris L.J. <L.J.Harris at soton.ac.uk>; Kling G. <G.Kling at soton.ac.uk>; Moreau L. <lavm at soton.ac.uk>; Parikka J. <J.Parikka at soton.ac.uk>; Price N. <N.Price at soton.ac.uk>; Reynolds N. <N.Reynolds at soton.ac.uk>; Saxby S.J. <S.J.Saxby at soton.ac.uk>; Warren L. <L.Warren at soton.ac.uk>; Woolley D. <D.Woolley at soton.ac.uk>; Nazzini R. <R.Nazzini at soton.ac.uk>; Hannigan B.M. <B.M.Hannigan at soton.ac.uk>; Reid E.S. <E.S.REID at soton.ac.uk>; White W.H. <whw at soton.ac.uk>; Sally-Jane Norman <S.J.Norman at sussex.ac.uk>