[Centre] Work in the bid

Volker Grassmuck vgrass at rz.hu-berlin.de
Thu Aug 11 16:37:13 CEST 2011

Am 10.08.2011 um 20:05 schrieb Cubitt S.R.:

> Thanks Volker - looks excellent.

Thanks Sean. Let’s keep working on this. It’s a wiki, so don’t hesitate to change and add.

> There may be work to do to include the Southampton researchers from other
> areas

Yes, indeed, if we know who will be involved in case we win the call, it would be best to start from collecting research areas and topics from each person. Michel, Franco, please also add what you and others you see involved will be doing.

Also, if Southampton is going to be the lead applicant, we need an outline structure of the Centre and indications of how it will be administratively and academically embedded in the university. Also I would assume, even though it doesn’t say so in the instructions, that the structure with personnel etc. has to roughly match the budget of £6.25 million over 4 years. Stub here:
http://p2pfoundation.net/projects/doku.php/centre:centre_structure

As for the positions of Director, it was very kind and flattering of Michel to suggest me, but I’m not sure my credits (not a professor) and track record carry enough weight. I can send my CV and let you judge, but we should discuss the alternatives we have.

Best,
Volker

> - eg Gerhardt's work is on the development of new business modelling
> procedures for service industries (I didn't follow in detail: he seemed to
> suggest that standrad business modelling is based on the manufacturing
> sector, assessing the profit to plant ratio, and in other ways not
> suitable for creative / service sector industries
>
> Luc's expertise is in data provenance
>
> sean
>
> On 10/08/2011 16:15, "Volker Grassmuck" <vgrass at rz.hu-berlin.de> wrote:
>
>> Dear all,
>>
>> I¹ve put some ideas onto the wiki, including some from Sean¹s notes.
>> Please consider it brainstorming material. It is not in EoI language yet.
>>
>> Principles/Vision and Research Topics:
>> http://p2pfoundation.net/projects/doku.php/centre:key_features
>>
>> Partners that were mentioned so far:
>> http://p2pfoundation.net/projects/doku.php/centre:partnership
>>
>> Funding (still very few ideas)
>> http://p2pfoundation.net/projects/doku.php/centre:funding_and_legacy
>>
>> Also I¹ve received a very general expression of interest in partnering
>> with us from IvIR. Naturally, they will need further information from us
>> for pursuing their discussion, but it¹s a good start.
>>
>> Best,
>> Volker
>> Centre for Copyright and New Business Models in the Creative Economy
>> Wiki space: http://p2pfoundation.net/projects/doku.php/centre:resume

> Centre for Copyright and New Business Models in the Creative Economy
> Wiki space: http://p2pfoundation.net/projects/doku.php/centre:resume

——
### new mobile: +49 176 5757 4433 ###
http://www.vgrass.de/