[Centre] Work in the bid

Jussi Parikka jussi.parikka1976 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 7 21:59:07 CEST 2011

Dear Franco et al

sorry for the radio silence - got swamped with submitting another bid and
other work (summer time rush!)

In any case, even if I want to do my best to support and participate, I
don't think I am the one to lead this eventually.  However, we (well,
Lorraine and Sean)  have been able to push this forward at our end after
realizing that some other Southampton people have been already doing work in
this direction already. So, if I am not mistaken, there was a meeting couple
of days ago about this bid/centre possibility, where Sean and Lorraine took
part. They might have news on where the meeting ended off and where to take
this now.

This also might have some interesting details concerning the bid:
http://www.bis.gov.uk/news/topstories/2011/Aug/reforming-ip

apologies for the silence,
all best

--
Dr Jussi Parikka
Reader in Media & Design

Spring 2011 Visiting Fellow in Media Sciences, Humboldt University (Berlin)

http://jussiparikka.net
*Insect Media <http://www.upress.umn.edu/Books/P/parikka_insect.html>*
*Media Archaeology
<http://www.ucpress.edu/book.php?isbn=9780520262744>*<http://www.ucpress.edu/book.php?isbn=9780520262744>