[Musix-usuarios] [musix][ccMixter] Under New Management

hector lopez beat006 en gmail.com
Mar Nov 10 19:46:31 CET 2009

quizas muchos ya estan al tanto de todas formas les envio el mail

copy and paste

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: ccMixter Administrative Team <mixter en artistechmedia.com>

Dear ccMixter Artist,

My name is Emily Richards and I’m one of ArtisTech Media’s co-founders
and CEO. Many of you know me as Snowflake on ccMixter. On October 28,
Creative Commons transferred operation of ccMixter to ArtisTech Media
(ATM).

How will all of this impact you, your works and your ccMixter
experience?  Well, it really shouldn’t because ATM believes in
ccMixter exactly the way it is and has no plans to change it in any
way that runs counter to the principles that got it this far.

Your account, except for your e-mail address, has been transferred
from a Creative Commons web server to one that is owned and operated
by ATM. The next time you log in to ccMixter, you’ll be asked to
accept the new Terms of Service.  If for some reason you’d rather not,
you can opt-out and your account will be removed.  We are hoping you
want to opt-in (and enter your email address), and continue your
involvement with the collaborative musical magic of ccMixter.

PLEASE NOTE: If you have signed up for e-mail notifications in for
recommendations, reviews or remixes you will no longer get those
notifications until you opt-in and enter your e-mail address. (You can
see the new Privacy Policy here: http://ccmixter.org/privacy )

ccMixter will remain a no-profit site, free of ads, at no cost for
users.  One of our goals at ArtisTech is to help keep a good thing
going and not disturb the way ccM currently functions, while also
creating opportunity for the ccMixter artists that seek it.

I’m awed by this tremendous responsibility but excited for our
collective future of music.

To learn more:

Creative Commons and ATM have prepared a FAQ
http://ccmixter.org/thread/2060

Creative Commons blog message

Victor Stone’s (fourstones) message to the ccMixter community:
“I have come to believe this is a Good Thing...” -Victor Stone
http://ccmixter.org/thread/2061

The CC/ATM joint press release
http://ccmixter.org/thread/2059

Cheers,