[Musix-usuarios] linux-image-2.6.26-libre_2.6

Marcos Guglielmetti marcospcmusica en gmail.com
Vie Jul 18 03:31:18 CEST 2008

Hola Tapani
 | Marcos Guglielmetti kirjoitti:
 | > http://www.fsfla.org/~lxoliva/fsfla/linux-libre/releases/2.6.26-
 | >libre1/
 |
 | If you have time, please test this kernel:
 | http://linux.ilmainen.net/musix/temp/linux-image-2.6.26-libre_2.6.
 |26-libre-10.00.Custom_i386.deb
 |
 | This is without any patches (aufs, real time). There's no -rt
 | patch yet for new kernel.
 |
 | -tapsa-

Nice :D

 uname -a
Linux musix1.0r4dvd 2.6.26-libre #1 SMP PREEMPT Thu Jul 17 16:26:39
EEST 2008 i686 GNU/Linux

it's the first time we have a 100% free kernel!!

That's a big pride!

For now, all goes fine, but the install...

the menu.lst generation was not good, that's not a problem of the
kernel,

it did it like this:

title		Musix GNU/Linux, kernel 2.6.26-libre
root		(hd1,7)
kernel		/boot/vmlinuz-2.6.26-libre root=/dev/hdb8 ro
initrd		/boot/initrd.img-2.6.26-libre

and did not took any note about the knoppix's boot arguments, for
instance

title		Musix GNU/Linux, kernel 2.6.21 Default
root		(hd1,7)
kernel		/boot/vmlinuz root=/dev/hdb8 ro dma ramdisk_size=100000
init=/etc/init apm=power-off xorgmusix nomce quiet nocache nopreload
alsa kdm lang=es noalsaconf vga=791 tz=Argentina/Buenos_Aires
initrd		/boot/initrd.img

So, I changed those lines to:

title		Musix GNU/Linux, kernel 2.6.26-libre
root		(hd1,7)
kernel		/boot/vmlinuz-2.6.26-libre root=/dev/hdb8 ro dma
ramdisk_size=100000 apm=power-off xorgmusix nomce quiet nocache
nopreload alsa kdm lang=es noalsaconf vga=791
tz=Argentina/Buenos_Aires
initrd		/boot/initrd.img-2.6.26-libre

and then it booted ok (note that I removed init=/etc/init
because /bin/sh did not found this file when I rebooted the first
time, so, for this kernel, the only way I found to make it work is
like this)

Then, I tested jackd, just because I am curious, and it obviusly did
not started on realtime, so I started it in not realtime just to play
a bit: we need realtime :D jaja, but we have patience, and, as far as
I know, no linux-libre kernel before was builded with those patches,
so, it would be interesting to do so.

Keep in touch

Cheers!

--