[Musix-usuarios] Re: I am so thankful for Musix!

Marcos Guglielmetti marcospcmusica en gmail.com
Jue Ene 17 16:53:44 CET 2008

Hola Marilyn Hagle:
 | Marcos,
 |
 | Thank you thank you thank you for your work with Musix!

Hey!, ok ;-D I am mailing the Musix's Team, they will be happy about it

 | I think I wrote
 | to you earlier about getting a new job this year where I teach desktop
 | publishing, computer animation, webmastering, and multimedia.

Yes, I remember that

 | We are halfway through the school year now.  The computers in my lab have
 | Ubuntu Studio on the desktop and then we boot to Musix for Cinelerra and
 | all of your fabulous sound software.  We are all learning as we go.

Fantastic

 | The
 | multimedia class is making music videos.  Computer animation students use
 | Blender.  This next month we will compile our animated clips in Cinelerra
 | and add voices and music. Wow!

:-D

I will be uploading a Live-DVD (1.9GB) of Musix 1.0 R3 test5, it has much more
software than the CD, sorry about the spanish here:

* Openoffice en todos los idiomas:
openoffice.org  openoffice.org-l10n* openoffice.org-gnome openoffice.org-kde
(200mb comprimidos, 745 desc)
* print packages: 29,5MB
* desinstalado localepurge
* KDE: 132MB
* xsane sane latex keduca kdeedu education-* (5.5mb)
* amarok 18mb
* krita scribus blender inkscape koffice 80 MB
* lmms vlc mplayer ardour2 31.5MB
* apt-get upgrade 58.9
* restore-dev.sh (entorno de compilación) 27MB
* linux-headers-2.6.21 --> 8MB
* kdenlive qdvdauthor mandvd 21,2MB
* vlc mozilla-plugin-vlc 10MB
* soundfont Steinway IMIS 2.3 (75mb descomprimidos)
* KDE en todos los idiomas: kde-i18n-* 276MB
* clam-annotator clam-annotator-examples clam-networkeditor
clam-networkeditor-examples clam-smstools clam-voice2midi
* mozilla-firefox-locale* (5 MB)
* lmms 0.3 (con soporte a VST libre)
* Ardour 2.1
* Qcad (3MB)
* Musix Control 1.4
* wengophone 0.958
* manpages-* 27,8MB
* clamav avscan 11.3MB
* bos gl-117 gl-117-data stellarium stellarium-data stratagus supertux
supertux-data (49 MB)
* kino kinoplus (1.4 MB)
* gem blender* reppu yafray (2.2 MB)
* compiz (0.6mb)
* cinelerra beryl emerald (26.8MB)
* canorus (1.2MB) : Editor de partituras
* baobab (0.1MB) : Herramienta gráfica para analizar el espacio de disco
* konversation (6.4MB) : Chat
* balazar (juego en primera persona 3D) 17,1MB
* winbind smbclient (5.7mb)
* Cinelerra (edición de video)
* democracyplayer qemu (4.8mb)
* k3b-i18n (6mb)
* freej konserve lives [0.9.8.6-0.0] (3.6mb)
* bmon iftop slurm (0.4mb) [monitores de tráfico de red]
* gkrellm (con todos sus componentes) (1.5mb)
* nted (0.16.0-1)

and more...

But the Live-DVD will be out maybe in 2 weeks or so, I dont know...

Thank you for what you said about some music included on Musix.

BTW: as before, it would be nice to have your experiences writed on the blog,
if you could have some time to make photos, writing, and/or show some
material you were doing in the classroom (maybe videos on some sites, I dont
know [democracyplayer or miro can download videos from there, and mplayer or
vlc can play them ]), many free software or propietary softare users will
feel and see that we can make multimedia contents using GNU/Linux, that's a
goal

Congratulations!

--
     `&'
      #    Marcos Guglielmetti, co-director de

"El hombre con buen humor tiene un límite."

http://es.wikiquote.org/wiki/Los_Simpson_pizarra