[Musix-usuarios] grub-gfxboot

Marcos Guglielmetti marcospcmusica en gmail.com
Sab Oct 6 04:41:43 CEST 2007

Hola Tapani!
 | Marcos Guglielmetti kirjoitti:
 | > BTW: the first live-dvd works fine! I have some problems to make an easy
 | > way for the users to choose their languages... for now, the must type
 | >
 | > knoppix lang=xx_XX
 | >
 | > I think it would be better to type
 | >
 | > knoppix estonian (for instance, and y can do it)
 |
 | Or 'musix language' rather than 'knoppix' :)

yes: OK :)

 | The problem is with 'musix spanish' because there's so many of spanish
 | dialects, I suppose.

Mmmm.... not so much problems... spanish and latinoamerican people have one
single kde*es, so, it's just spanish :P : es

When it's catalán o galician, it's ca or gl

Ok, we should have for instance: ar_ES (argentinian) or es_ES, but, there are
not so much differences between them

 | Same with english (uk and us). Perhaps you should
 | study how to use menu based boot that isolinux now supports. My system
 | (grub-gfxboot, same as e.g. in Kanotix) is also easy to use and maintain.

YES! I must use it!

Could you upload the master/boot/* files that you use into suomiknoppix to
your server so I can test it?
... and, give me some link to study how to use this boot system?

 | Btw, you told of problem with mounting usb with 2.6.23-rc8 kernel. I
 | noticed in my system that 'cat /proc/partitions' show now my usb stick
 | as '/dev/sdb' IF using usb stick with vfat). In KDE comes popup menu but
 | stick can't be mounted automatically.  BUT if using ext2 everything
 | works as before: 'cat /proc/partitions' brings both '/dev/sdb' and
 | /dev/sdb1' and in KDE comes popup menu which works fine. So I don't know
 | what is the problem - here everything works as before.
 |
 | -tapsa-

Ok... I was having another problems (using the stable 2.6.21 kernel: it's not
into the kernel the problem) with KDE: if I tell kdesktop to show umounted
device's icons, when I click on an Icon it says that it was specting folder
and this is a file, so... well, he does not like to mount it at the first
instance, then, when I clic again, it mounts ok

But if I tell kdesktop not to show umounted device's icons, then I works fine.

So I added just an icon to the desktop, pointing to

konqueror media:/

And it mounts all kind of devices, so I am happy with this solution... (and
when mounting some device, it appears on the desktop, so, it's ok for now)

We will see go does it goes, Regards

--
     `&'
      #    Marcos Guglielmetti, co-director de

Bernard Shaw decía: "Enamorarse es exagerar enormemente la diferencia entre
una mujer y otra"