Re: [Musix-usuarios] Ayuda a un usuario en inglés , please

Jorge Salgueiro jorge.salgueiro en gmail.com
Mar Jun 27 09:06:19 CEST 2006

2006/6/26, Marcos Guglielmetti <marcospcmusica en gmail.com>:

> Re: [Musix-users] Problems with 0.49
> De: "julien bodd" <julien.lociuro en gmail.com>
>   Para: musix-users en lists.ourproject.org
>   Fecha: 26/06/06 17:29
>
> Hello,
>
> with the knxinstaller I finally ran into the same problems again..
>
> I performed the steps, you Marco, told me.
>
> It indeeds seems to be a KDE/DCOP problem.
>
> When I log as root, it is the same, 50% of the times I cannot log into
> KDE,
> and those times rosegarden and kile (a kde frontend for latex) don't work
> at
> all.

why do you need to log as root?  the same thing happens to me with a normal
user. When you log normaly everything goes allright?

I launched rosegarden from a terminal, and it says at the end :

> kdeinit: Shutting down running client.
> ---------------------------------
> It looks like dcopserver is already running. If you are sure
> that it is not already running, remove /home/julien/.DCOPserver_julien__0
> and start dcopserver again.
> ---------------------------------

most have been a hard-reboot that left  the AUTORITY file

KDE Daemon (kded) already running.

> (In that case, the rosegarden logo window appears and get stuck
> in "initializing")
>
> So I rm -rf /home/julien/.DCOP* , rm -rf /root/.DCOP* and the same for
> .ICE*
> and launched again rosegarden. In that case it says :

 this are the files that i call AUTORITY :D

/usr/X11R6/bin/iceauth: creating new authority
> file /home/julien/.ICEauthority

move the  .ICEauthority to .ICEauthority.backup for instance

and get stuck there. So I ctrl-c and renew the cmd and I get :

> kdeinit: Shutting down running client.
>
> and it gets stuck there. (without any logo window)

because he can't create all the autority files (sorry for the name, the temp
files)

Attention ! in the last step it does not get always stuck..if once it gets
> unstuck..then it will never get stuck again it that session.
>
> Anyway, "kile" does not work at all.

no ideia for kile

Any idea ?

same with me...  i don't know if with a upgrade it will work better. (maybe
we can try to use kde 3.5.3)... or to reinstall with the normal instalation
program instead of kanotixinstaller ...

--
> Marcos Guglielmetti
> * Director del desarrollo de Musix GNU+Linux, 100% Software Libre
> * Descarga el CD de Musix: (www.musix.org.ar) (www.pc-musica.com.ar/musix)
> * Videos, programas y otras cosas en:
> ftp://musix.ourproject.org/pub/musix/
> * Reporte de errores a:
> https://www.musix.org.ar/wiki/index.php?title=Problemas-Bugs
> *IRC: #musix channel on freenode

Um abraço. Jorge Salgueiro
Use GNU/Linux: free culture for a free society