[Musix-usuarios] "This is (IMHO) the best 'out of the box' system for musicians yet"

Marcos Guglielmetti marcospcmusica en gmail.com
Dom Jun 18 03:54:29 CEST 2006

From:
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=138416

"Musix GNU+Linux:(this one was mentioned quite a while ago by someone here;
Thank you for the great tip, whoever that was!
This is (IMHO) the best 'out of the box' system for musicians yet; Based on
knoppix, you can test the live CD version to see how you like it.
It has everything you will need to make music in a variety of ways, and
everythign works straight away!!! for those who have fumbled their way
through a couple of Linux installations, you will know what i added three
exclamation points to that Very Happy
Musix is what i have installed now; I would have liked to keep SuSe, but Musix
was just a bit more up my alley, because of all the perfectly installed and
configured music stuff. Even has three different trackers!
Oh, and Ardour too. And Rosegarden. And.... just more stuff than you can
imagine. And it uses APT, so getting new apps should be a breeze. I haven't
needed to yet Very Happy

Anyway, I really hope this helps. I have had a LOT of trial and error stuff
with Linux - i have never been particularly technically adept when it comes
to Linux; more of a fumbling dim-wit, really Laughing So, when i found these
three worked easily, with no mess, easy as Windows... well, i had to share,
for the good of other hopelessly right-brained people like myself. Very Happy

cheers all.
Here's to eXT on GNU/Linux!!!
-gabriel"

--
Marcos Guglielmetti
* Director del desarrollo de Musix GNU+Linux, 100% Software Libre