[Musix-usuarios] Vaya, ahora llega éste!!! (un par de reportes de 0.49)

Marcos Guglielmetti marcospcmusica en gmail.com
Sab Jul 8 15:26:51 CEST 2006

Jorge escribió:
      > >en que situación te cuelga? a mi me pasa más con el firefox
      > > (esto que l= levo
      > >tiempo actualizado lo todo) es algo normal, tipo varias veces al
      > > dia? es cuando estás con una aplicación determinada?
      >
      > me suena a problema de red, que está buscando la dirección propia de
      > tu máquina. Parece cómo si se fuese modificado algo en el archivo
      > "/etc/host" que el entorn o KDE no puede acceder o le cuesta
      > encontrar la dirección adecuada. ¿Encuentras algún error en tu
      > /home/usuario/.xsession-errors que pueda coincidir con algo pa recido
      > a esto (no me acuerdo muy bien): gethostbyname (). A ver que nos
      > puede de cir Marcos de todo esto.

Ok, el problema de Jorge es similar o IGUAL al de "julien bodd"
<julien.lociuro gmail.com>, quien lo solucionó modificando un script
llamado  /etc/init.d/networking

Copio acá la solución para el problema de _Jorge_, no confundamos con lo que
le ocurre a Dani (quien posee un mail que dice "Lourdes" jeje).

Está adjuntado en este mail, el script modificado  /etc/init.d/networking ,
Jorge, tratá de probarlo en tu PC a ver si soluciona tus problemas con
firefox y KDE... si no lo hace, podrías hace un strace de esos programas?

JULIEN:

I realized that after boot..that I don't have any "lo" interface up! (with
ifconfig)
Wierd!
I checked the file : /etc/network/interfaces, and it was ok :
> auto lo eth0
> iface lo inet loopback
> iface eth0 inet dhcp

It seems that /etc/init.d/networking start does not perform well..
After boot..only the eth0 is up.
And sometimes, nothing..In those cases..I was performing a :
Musix -->Programs -->Knoppix -->Net-->network card configuration.

Then, surprising, again only eth0 were up. Still no loopback.

So I checked the /etc/init.d/networking script..and saw that the restart
option does not make a ifdown of the loopback..
I checked the execution of /etc/init.d/networking restart , and SURPRISING,
still no loopback after..I suppose that
Musix -->Programs -->Knoppix -->Net-->network card configuration use that
script..

 So I executed myself an : ifdown -a and after an ifup -a..
And : WOUHOU..eth0 and loopback are there...
!!! AND ALL APPS ARE WORKING !!!!

Hmmm..for now, I'll put ifdown and ifup in an init script..so I can finally
play with Musix.

Do you have any idea for the strange behavior?

Thank you for the strace tip !

Julien.

I don't think it would be a problem to modify the script as I've done.
But, I'm not a linux guru..may be this modification could induce some other
problems..

The fact is that I checked the /etc/init.d/networking of another debian system
(agnula) wich I run too..and it is the SAME file ! So, it is not buggous,
because with agnula I don't have this network problem.
The problem is coming from somewhere else..but the modification I've made in
the script just works for me..
If somebody could evaluate the consequences...

I don't know if you saw the modified script. Here it is again :

For info, the solution I adopted for now is modifying the
/etc/init.d/networking script as so (i just give the changes in comments) :

case "$1" in
start)
        process_options
        log_action_begin_msg "Configuring network interfaces"

        ###### JULIEN'S ADD (ifdown -a) #####
        ifdown -a
        if ifup -a; then
            log_action_end_msg $?
        else
            log_action_end_msg $?
        fi
        ;;

stop)
        if sed -n 's/^[^ ]* \([^ ]*\) \([^ ]*\) .*$/\2/p' /proc/mounts |
                grep -qE '^(nfs[1234]?|smbfs|ncp|ncpfs|coda|cifs)$'; then
            log_warning_msg "not deconfiguring network interfaces: network

shares still mounted."
            exit 0
        fi

        log_action_begin_msg "Deconfiguring network interfaces"
        ##### JULIEN'S REMOVE --exclude=lo #####
#       if ifdown -a --exclude=lo; then

        if ifdown -a; then
            log_action_end_msg $?
        else
            log_action_end_msg $?
        fi
        ;;

force-reload|restart)
        process_options
        log_action_begin_msg "Reconfiguring network interfaces"

        #### JULIEN'S REMOVE --exclude=lo ####
#       ifdown -a --exclude=lo || true
        ifdown -a || true
        if ifup -a --exclude=lo; then
            log_action_end_msg $?
        else
            log_action_end_msg $?

        fi
        ;;

--
Marcos Guglielmetti
* Director del desarrollo de Musix GNU+Linux, 100% Software Libre