[Musix-users] Re: 2.6.21-rt7 kernel / kqemu is free software, ok

Marcos Guglielmetti marcospcmusica at gmail.com
Fri May 25 13:06:03 CEST 2007

Hola Tapani!
 | Marcos Guglielmetti wrote:
 | > Fine: i must infor you about 3 non free packages, I removed them from
 | > the repositories and from the future Musix 1.0 r1:
 | >
 | > kqemu-modules-2.6.21-rc7  ( dei)  kqemu modules for
 | > Linux (kernel 2.6.21-rc7).
 | >
 | > ltmodem-modules-2.6.21-rc ( dei)  ltmodem-source
 | > modules for Linux (kernel 2.6.2
 | >
 | > madwifi-modules-2.6.21-rc ( dei)  modules for the
 | > Multiband Atheros Driver for W
 |
 | Why acelerated qemu? This was not free before but now it can be
 | distributed under GPL2 license, see
 | http://fabrice.bellard.free.fr/qemu/license.html. It is also included in
 | coming Knoppix version.
 |
 | -tapsa-

So: Good  news! I was searching at google and I found it was not free, but I
didnt knew that it's free now. The other 2 packages will be free software too,
but for now they are not free.

I will re incorporate kqemu from here:

http://linux.ilmainen.net/suomiknoppix/linux-2.6.21/kqemu-modules-2.6.21_1.3.0~pre9-12+2.6.21-10.00.Custom_i386.deb

and for the other kernels