[Musix-users] can not connect to the Internet

Marcos Guglielmetti marcospcmusica at gmail.com
Tue Jan 16 01:46:00 CET 2007

El Mar 16 Ene 2007 02:10, ali rustamov escribió:
> Well I used synaptic and I hope there will not be any difficuties.As I see
> everithyng is preconfigured there. But I can not connect to the Internet
> via my pppoe connection. I was mainly using a mandrake based distribution
> and with this pppoe connect things are very simple there. I saw two
> connection related links on a musix desktop:pppoeconf or something in a way
> and another one near it. which gave to choose dhcp or manual. Well I went
> trough both wizzards but after all I just dont know what to do. It was
> shown to start by pon dsl-provider but that didn´t work.May be I
> didn´t write it correctly..

We want to know if:

A: do you connect using a router or a ethernet or USB modem?

B: we need the name of teh service and the primaty and secondary DNS, and if
you really typed right the username, and password

You can try

1: not to use the pppoe interface from Knoppix, go to Programs --> Knoppix -->
Net -> "Network card configuration" and enable  DHCP for eth0

These are are the Federico's suggestions, we hope you can solve it in a few
hours/days... just tell us how does it goes...

--
Marcos Guglielmetti
* Director del desarrollo de Musix GNU+Linux, 100% Software Libre