[Musix-users] kanotix installer fails

Marcos Guglielmetti marcospcmusica at gmail.com
Fri Feb 9 02:54:32 CET 2007

El Vie 09 Feb 2007 03:47, w a y n e escribió:
> Hi,My Live CD works perfectly and i am really happy with it.So i tried
> installing it to HD. The 3rd disk on a winXP system.hda1 - winxphdb1 -
> fat32 data drivehdc1 - 200GB blank (where is wish to install musix0.79b19)I
> have used the kanotix installer and it just goes around in loops and never
> installs anything.

That's a known bug in english language at least...

> When i use the 'IGNORE_CHECK=1 knoppix-installer'

Fine...

> comand
> line  as sudo then it will install but startup is extremely slow.

That's odd: the installed system is too slow on startup? what kind of
installation did you choosed? Begginer, Knoppix or Debian?

> After
> using synaptic the system was unstable and crashed and was no longer
> usable(i just did recommended updates)

What recommended updates?

> and installed fuse..

Fuse is installed on Musix 0.79, I remember that it's used to read/write NTFS
partitions

> I tried with the
> reiserFS (default). This is meant to be faster but appears slow. Is ext3
> better?

No i think

> What is the process for installation as i really want it on my
> system.Thanks,Wayne

Well, I will wait until you answer these questions, I we will see... regards

--
Marcos Guglielmetti
* Director del desarrollo de Musix GNU+Linux, 100% Software Libre