[Musix-users] Burning CD throws errors and resulting CD won't boot; tried 2 downloads to ensure integrity

Q IP quip.mail at gmail.com
Tue Sep 19 02:44:36 CEST 2006

Hi all:

Musix looks like just what I'm after, but I don't seem to be able to even
get into the splash screen.  I have gone through the following routine
twice:

   1. I download the latest ISO on my Win2k box (the only one with a
   broadband connection)
   2. The download aborts
   3. I start the download again
   4. The download succeeds
   5. I start Nero Express to burn the image to disk
   6. Nero returns a block size error and asks me if I want to ignore or
   try to correct it

OK, the first time I clicked ignore and burned a CD that seemed to be fine
but wouldn't boot on either of my two boxes with varying hardware.

The second time, I clicked "correct" and tried various settings which did
nothing.  Not wanting to waste another CD on a coaster, I gave up.

Has anyone else encountered this problem?

Thanks,
Ken Quad