[Musix-users] Musix 0.59 CD does not boot

Marcos Guglielmetti marcospcmusica at gmail.com
Wed Sep 13 15:29:52 CEST 2006

El Domingo, 10 de Septiembre de 2006 14:42, Jack Langdon escribió:
> Hi,
>
> I seem not to be able to boot Musix 0.59 CD even though several other live
> linux CD's boot just fine. I noticed that someone had a similar problem
> with Musix 0.50:
>
> https://lists.ourproject.org/pipermail/musix-users/2006-August/000280.html
>
> In that previous case, the user managed to boot the CD on a different
> computer. However, I only have one computer to play with, and thus would
> like to hear if there is anything I could do.
>
> Was there any conclusion about the problem with Musix 0.50?

No, just that:

"I downloaded the 0.50 iso image at work, burned it
with cdrecord, and it booted successfully.  The
problem seems to be with my PC at home.

Sorry to bother you with this.

By the way . . . 0.50 is very impressive!  Nice work!
"

> If booting the CD just does not work for me, is there any workaround, i.e.,
> boot from floppy or HD (just remember that I can not boot the CD to create
> such floppies)?

Yes: I have no floppy here, I dont use them, but, it's possible, try using:

/KNOPPIX/utils/*