[Musix-users] Multiple Sound Cards

Marcos Guglielmetti marcospcmusica at gmail.com
Wed Sep 13 15:13:09 CEST 2006

El Miércoles, 6 de Septiembre de 2006 08:52, Sean Edwards escribió:
> Last week, I bought a bundle of 5 Creative Labs CT4810
> PCI 16bit SoundBlaster cards.  They arrived today, and
> I put two of them in my Musix box.

5!! wow!

> When Musix booted,
> ALSA detected and configured the cards right away.
> They also all showed up in the gnome-alsa mixer.  Now
> I have three cards: the integrated AC '97, and two
> SoundBlaster 16 PCI cards.  SWEET!

Nice... well, maybe you will have some problems with autodetection into Musix
0.59 as it doesn't uses hotplug anymore.... but, maybe it could be as good as
older versions now using alsaconf auto.... you will have to try if you need.

> I was dreading this, thinking I had to configure
> everything by hand.  But thanks to Musix and ALSA, I
> have spent way more hours recording tonight than
> reconfiguring.

I am really happy with your comment, and, if it works fine, do not upgrade.

> This box is a Soyo K7VME board with a 1.1Ghz AMD
> processor and 384MB DDR SDRAM.

Good PC

> Since I am not
> full-duplexing audio cards, I can work with multiple
> tracks in Audacity.  Well, one recorded track and two
> recording.  Anyway, it sound great because I don't
> have to full-duplex the one sound card anymore.

I didn't undertand: you record using 2 soundcards inputs? I mean, 4 input
channels?