[Musix-users] Multiple Sound Cards

Sean Edwards cybersean3000 at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 6 08:52:03 CEST 2006

Last week, I bought a bundle of 5 Creative Labs CT4810
PCI 16bit SoundBlaster cards.  They arrived today, and
I put two of them in my Musix box.  When Musix booted,
ALSA detected and configured the cards right away.
They also all showed up in the gnome-alsa mixer.  Now
I have three cards: the integrated AC '97, and two
SoundBlaster 16 PCI cards.  SWEET!

I was dreading this, thinking I had to configure
everything by hand.  But thanks to Musix and ALSA, I
have spent way more hours recording tonight than
reconfiguring.

This box is a Soyo K7VME board with a 1.1Ghz AMD
processor and 384MB DDR SDRAM.  Since I am not
full-duplexing audio cards, I can work with multiple
tracks in Audacity.  Well, one recorded track and two
recording.  Anyway, it sound great because I don't
have to full-duplex the one sound card anymore.

-=cybersean=-