[Musix-users] Join forces?

Marcos Guglielmetti marcospcmusica at gmail.com
Fri Nov 24 00:15:56 CET 2006

El Jue 23 Nov 2006 22:19, Ketil Thorgersen escribió:
> Hi and thanks!
>
> acpi works, it's just that for some reason (which ubuntu has solved)
> sleep never wakes up. It's possible to install softwaresuspend2 but I am
> not sure if that is compiled into the kernel(?). Hibernate is to slow
> otherwise for my liking. I probably has to do with my brand of computer
> (Elitegroup), but as I have seen on many forums, Ubuntu has by far the
> best "out of the box" support for laptops at least. It is the same with
> the wireless which is a very common intel 2200BG which needs support in
> the kernel (is there) but also needs to load some firmware. This works
> on ubuntu, mandriva and SUSE at least, but not on musix or 64 studio.

Ok, now understand: it needs non-free firmware: we could not include it.

> I will install musix (and 64 studio) on my desktop though.

They will work fine, I think.

> Best regards and thanks a lot!

To you
> Ketil
>
> Marcos Guglielmetti wrote:
> > El Jue 23 Nov 2006 09:31, Ketil Thorgersen escribió:
> >> The only problem is that it doesn't
> >> work out of the box with respect to acpi functions vital to a laptop as
> >> sleep and hibernate
> >
> > Did you tried with acpi=force into the kernel line into
> > /boot/grub/menu.lst?

Marcos Guglielmetti
* Director del desarrollo de Musix GNU+Linux, 100% Software Libre
* CD Donwload: (http://www.musix.org.ar/en/)
* Videos, programas y otras cosas en: ftp://musix.ourproject.org/pub/musix/
* Reporte de errores a:
https://www.musix.org.ar/wiki/index.php?title=Problemas-Bugs
*IRC: #musix channel on freenode
* Torrent Download: