[Musix-users] installing ams from source

Marcos Guglielmetti marcospcmusica at gmail.com
Thu Nov 23 12:40:16 CET 2006

El Jue 23 Nov 2006 09:34, Marius Stoica escribió:
> Hi,
>
> I've just installed Musix a couple of days a go and I found it really cool.
> I think I'll leave my planned Ubuntu upgrade and get on Musix all the way,
> as I usually use my computer for music. I've tried already Demudi and
> Dynebolic but Musix just suits me almost perfect, though I have a
> problem...

Hi: cool!

> I usually use Alsa Modular Synth, but  there's always seems to be a
> library dependency bug that affects the Spectrum View module; as I found
> about it on the AMS list: to fix this problem and make the Spectrum View to
> work, you must get the AMS source code, modify the link to the fftw library
> in the source files and then rebuild the app. That worked on Ubuntu, but on
> Musix I'm not so sure how to modify the Makefile.

Well, could you give us some more details? It should be like on Ubuntu (did
you tried to modify this file on Musix? just use kate to edit it), both Musix
and Ubuntu are Debian based distros, so there should not be too much
differences.

--
Marcos Guglielmetti
* Director del desarrollo de Musix GNU+Linux, 100% Software Libre