[Musix-users] Join forces?

Marcos Guglielmetti marcospcmusica at gmail.com
Thu Nov 23 12:37:16 CET 2006

El Jue 23 Nov 2006 09:31, Ketil Thorgersen escribió:
> Hi
>
> This is possibly a very stupid mail - if so - please delete it and never
> think about it again!
>
> I Love musix! There is a really good menusystem and its lightweight and
> just configured! Thats is great! The only problem is that it doesn't
> work out of the box with respect to acpi functions vital to a laptop as
> sleep and hibernate - at least not at my laptop. Neither does the
> wireless card. On Ubuntu this just works perfectly, but it's it not
> really streamlined for audio in the same way as Musix. However that is
> being changed at the moment with the arrival of the ubuntu studio
> project (www.ubuntustudio.org). I also saw that You talked about basing
> future Musix versions on ubuntu so I am wondering if there is any need
> for this fragmentation of brilliance? Wouldn't it be perfect to
> cooperate on one absolutely fantastic overwhelming distro rather than
> making two good ones?
>
> Ah well - Just someting I thought about...
> Thanks a lot so far!
>
> Best regards
> Ketil Thorgersen

You are right: when Musix will be based en gNewSense (Ubuntu based, but 100%
free software), there will be a chance to cooperate... but, we will have
to "wait" many months.

Also, I think you can fix some hardware detection problems you found into
Musix, but maybe you will have to investigate it going to Google and looking
for the same problems into Knoppix and Debian/Testing's users.

If it works on Ubuntu, It should work on Musix, just that, but: I dont have a
notebook to investigate it, maybe another user (in the spanish mailing list)
could tell us how to do it...

By the way : could you send us the pcinfo.txt file generated with pcinfo.sh?

Musix --> Tools --> PCINFO

Thanks

--
Marcos Guglielmetti
* Director del desarrollo de Musix GNU+Linux, 100% Software Libre