[Musix-users] Join forces?

Ketil Thorgersen linuxuadio at rytmisk.net
Thu Nov 23 09:31:14 CET 2006

Hi

This is possibly a very stupid mail - if so - please delete it and never
think about it again!

I Love musix! There is a really good menusystem and its lightweight and
just configured! Thats is great! The only problem is that it doesn't
work out of the box with respect to acpi functions vital to a laptop as
sleep and hibernate - at least not at my laptop. Neither does the
wireless card. On Ubuntu this just works perfectly, but it's it not
really streamlined for audio in the same way as Musix. However that is
being changed at the moment with the arrival of the ubuntu studio
project (www.ubuntustudio.org). I also saw that You talked about basing
future Musix versions on ubuntu so I am wondering if there is any need
for this fragmentation of brilliance? Wouldn't it be perfect to
cooperate on one absolutely fantastic overwhelming distro rather than
making two good ones?

Ah well - Just someting I thought about...
Thanks a lot so far!

Best regards
Ketil Thorgersen