[Musix-users] Midisport / EZUSB feedback

MNO manostienen at gmail.com
Tue Jun 27 03:46:03 CEST 2006

Here are my findings, and i think i'm missing something in my knowledge here...

I installed the ez-usb-firmwares
Note: i first needed to  apt-get update   before i could grab the ez-usb.

then i put the MidiSport1x1 and 2x2 .ihx /usr/share/usb/ezusbmidi

then i went into Jack, switched ALSA to OSS, restarted Jack and looked
for Midi I/O's  ...but no luck .  I replugged the USB connector.
restarted Jack looked around some more, ..nothing

i also added the midisport4x4.ihx restarted jack switched back and
forwerd between ALSA and OSS.  also added midisportloader.ihx (not
sure if i needed that) ...nothing

also tryed the above with only one .ihx in the /ezusbmidi/ directory
(this for the 1x1, 2x2 and 4x4) but i cant find any MIDI in or out in
Jack or Rosegarden (i also looked there to be sure)

When i look in /dev/usb on the ramdisk then i see ez1 sitting in there.

So now i ask myself... am i looking in the right places?