[Musix-users] Problems with 0.49

Marcos Guglielmetti marcospcmusica at gmail.com
Mon Jun 26 02:50:39 CEST 2006

El Domingo, 25 de Junio de 2006 22:39, julien bodd escribió:
> I thought problems were gone..but in fact they are still there..but I have
> more info about what happens..
> It seems that the system runs into general problems (slow response time)
> 50% of the times I boot it.

But this slow response occurs when booting or when you are in the Desktop?

> I can detect that, because those times KDE does not run at all !

It must be a dcopserver problem

> It get
> stuck into the loading at "initializing system services".

Sure: but if you log as root?

> So then, I ctrl-alt-backspace and go into IceWm..But the problems are still
> there..I click on a terminal, or on some apps like rosegarden..and they
> open  5 minutes later.

Because Rosegarden uses KDE

> Other times, when I can get into KDE, then I can work with IceWm without
> problems too.

Sure

> It is very strange because it happens 50% of the time.
> Also, 50% of the time (but not especially the same), I cannot reboot the
> pc..it get stuck on "send kill signal to apps" (in spanish), or in
> "stopping named" (in spanish too).

Maybe a related problem

> I'm a little disappointed..I don't know what to do (As I said earlier,
> md5sum is ok).

Patience

> I ran into a lot of problems trying to configure the keyboard layout too..I
> discovered that they are tons of files where you can set LANG,
> KEYBOARD..etc..and lots of conf apps too..In the end, it works, but with
> lot of effort..

Well, this is a complete and complex system, all the OS are complex.

> It would be great if someone could help me :-)

Here we are.

Just run the KDE apps that brings you problems from a terminal windows.

As instance: open Terminal

Type:

rosegarden

See what happends...

Like I said in other mail, maybe it's a problem with file permissions into ~/
folder.

Try running as root, and see if there are the same problems, then run as a
normal user and see what you terminal says when you run an app, then try to
solve it with gumption: as instance, remove ~/.DCO* or ~/.ICE*

Or remove all the files from /tmp

cd /tmp
rm -f -r *
(warning!! you can remove all the data if you dont go to /tmp first!)

Tell me

--
Marcos Guglielmetti
* Director del desarrollo de Musix GNU+Linux, 100% Software Libre