[Musix-users] More problems with screen

Marcos Guglielmetti marcospcmusica at gmail.com
Sun Jun 18 00:59:31 CEST 2006

El Sábado, 17 de Junio de 2006 19:16, DCZX escribió:
> Well, I thought all was well with the installation of
> the ati drivers, however, this is not so.
>
> * Kcontrol will NOT save the settings I choose. As
> soon as I log out and back in, they are back to
> default settings. I even clicked on the "use when
> starting KDE" option. No luck.

the settings are on /etc/X11/xorg.conf, so, if in the boot process this file
is changed, the video settings are changed.

> * Once I change resolutions, the fonts stay extremely
> small for some reason I don't understand.

It's an automatic process, this is what GTK does... just use GTK-theme-switch,
fron the Musix --> Settings menu

> I would really like to see Musix succeed, but if
> users, especially non-hacker musician types can never
> get past these technical issues, I'm not sure how it
> can.

On windows, it's the same or worst

> More that 50% of the market is ATI, so you're
> looking at a wide userbase. Thanks for your help and I
> hope we can figure out some solutions that maybe could
> go in the documentation.

If you set a correct video setting, the just disable /usr/sbin/mkxf86config

mv /usr/sbin/mkxf86config /usr/sbin/mkxf86config-disabled

> P.S. sorry I'm not submitting through the wiki... I
> think it's in Spanish and I don't know how.

It's in both english and spanish, you are welcome to submit, but the email is
faster :D