[Musix-users] Musix .049 Engluish install to HD

Marcos Guglielmetti marcospcmusica at gmail.com
Sat Jul 1 23:03:36 CEST 2006

El Domingo, 2 de Julio de 2006 03:24, Jeff Dennison escribió:
> Gentlemen,
>
> The Musix distro seems to be everything and more needed to satisfy my 14
> year son with aspirations of glory producing his band's music.

You are welcome!

> I have tried the Musix 0.49 LiveCD in english mode and the live CD seems to
> support English just fine for system, window manager, and applicaitons
> functions.. However, when I install to HD many, if not most, of these
> functions (menus for system, KDE window manager, and applications)  are in
> Spanish.

Please, choose your language from the graphic login "menu"!

("Welcome to Musix at ...")

:-D

> I have reviewed the hints currently available on this list, and prior to
> installing, booted the LiveCD using the  "english dma musixrt"

That's not right, you must type: englishrt dma, but in this case there is no
problem if you type somethig that the system will not take care of ("english
dma musixrt")

> options. I
> have edited the "/boot/grub/menu.lst" file after HD install to include
> "lan=en" (it was already lang=us) and "english" in the "init" line and
> rebooted . There was no real improvement,  most of the system menus,  apps,
> and desktop icons are in Spanish.

As I said, from the KDM menu choose english-icewm, etc.

> I know the distro supports english to a great extent from my review of the
> apps on the LiveCD. However, I need to get the HD install to support
> English or I won't be able to use the distro. I've gone as far as
> considering installing Kubuntu and trying to manaully duplicate the Musix
> package installation.

Forget!

> Is there something at the user-level KDE config that needs to be modified?

Yes, choose english from the KDM login menu :D

> If so, can it alternately be done so all system users are supported in
> English?
> Although I am reasonably Linux literate, I just don't know where to go from
> here. Any help would be appreciated.

I have fixed the login message from "welcome..." to "Choose your language!"

:D

Tell us if you can solve it, cheers