[Musix-users] Musix .049 Engluish install to HD

Jeff Dennison jeffdennison at comcast.net
Sun Jul 2 03:24:15 CEST 2006

Gentlemen,

The Musix distro seems to be everything and more needed to satisfy my 14 year
son with aspirations of glory producing his band's music.

I have tried the Musix 0.49 LiveCD in english mode and the live CD seems to
support English just fine for system, window manager, and applicaitons
functions.. However, when I install to HD many, if not most, of these
functions (menus for system, KDE window manager, and applications)  are in
Spanish.

I have reviewed the hints currently available on this list, and prior to
installing, booted the LiveCD using the  "english dma musixrt" options. I
have edited the "/boot/grub/menu.lst" file after HD install to include
"lan=en" (it was already lang=us) and "english" in the "init" line and
rebooted . There was no real improvement,  most of the system menus,  apps,
and desktop icons are in Spanish.

I know the distro supports english to a great extent from my review of the
apps on the LiveCD. However, I need to get the HD install to support English
or I won't be able to use the distro. I've gone as far as considering
installing Kubuntu and trying to manaully duplicate the Musix package
installation.

Is there something at the user-level KDE config that needs to be modified? If
so, can it alternately be done so all system users are supported in English?

Although I am reasonably Linux literate, I just don't know where to go from
here. Any help would be appreciated.

Jeff Dennison