[Musix-users] Re: Musix 0.50

Marcos Guglielmetti marcospcmusica at gmail.com
Wed Aug 16 21:23:10 CEST 2006

El Miércoles, 16 de Agosto de 2006 23:45, greg h escribió:
      > hi this is greg i have problems when im getting the english package
      > updates....

What packages?

You can tell us by typing your command into konsole (as instance apt-get
install your_package), and the copy this by selecting with the mouse, then
pasting here into the mail.

      > i cant remember the name but i update all the debian
      > packages

apt-get upgrade?

apt-get dist-upgrade?

      > and then my X display manager crashes

It opens and then crashes?

did you tried with videoconfig.sh script?

      > and i cant repair it
      > so i have to reinstall musix.  is there another way to update musix
      > safely?

MM... I dont know what are you doing: if using synaptic or apt-get, and I dont
know what packages are you upgrading

      >   when the XDM goes out i find myself to be in a DOS kind of mode,
      > still learning the language but not quite there yet

If you are using Musix 0.50, you can type menu

A menu will appear, and you can go to videoconfig.sh, or something else.

--
Marcos Guglielmetti
* Director del desarrollo de Musix GNU+Linux, 100% Software Libre