[Musix-users] Rosegarden+Audio / pdf / openoffice

Rob zicrob at free.fr
Thu Oct 20 08:21:16 CEST 2005

Thank you very much Marcos.

Amicalement, Rob.
http://zicrob.free.fr
----- Original Message -----
From: "Marcos Guglielmetti" <marcospcmusica at yahoo.com.ar>
To: <musix-users at lists.ourproject.org>
Sent: Wednesday, October 19, 2005 4:36 PM
Subject: [Musix-users] Rosegarden+Audio / pdf / openoffice

> There is this list
> of "presets" when I click on the rosegarden icon on the desktop and I
> concluded that it was "ready to use" preset and that I had nothing to do
> make it work !...

Maybe we must add an Rosegarden + audio preset, sorry, i will do it now.

> Apparently, it's now working (I get a record of my
> guitar) however there is only the left channel of the stereo (but that
> could be a cable problem).

Mmmm.... see JACK Control: if you are recording from line, try to connect
both
left and right alsa_pcm capture ports to some rosegarden input.

But I know that Rosegarden must do this job for himself.

You will have to start JACK in duplex mode. (I guess you know it), and then
start Rosegarden.

> I'm still a bit amazed that there is no more the
> cracks and pops, and the time troubles I had with Windows (no way to
> record, the time was elastic !).

That's weird

> One question if you please : It seems that I can't install openoffice 2
> and
> acrobat reader for Linux (I need them). Did I miss some point ?
> Have a great day.

You too.
> Rob.

You can install anything. Acrobat it's not free software, so I can not
support
it, you can use kpdf, kghostview, xpdf, and there are some comandline apps
work with pdfs:

pdf2dsc           pdfimages         pdfprinterconfig  pdftotext
pdf2ps            pdfinfo           pdftoppm
pdffonts          pdfopt            pdftops

Openoffice.org it's free software (and it can export to pdf too), as root,
use
apt-get

apt-get update

apt-get install openoffice.org
Se necesita descargar 54,3MB/54,6MB de archivos.
Se utilizarán 180MB de espacio de disco adicional después de desempaquetar.
¿Desea continuar? [S/n] n

For now, there is no openoffice 2.0 into Debian, you can install  1.1.4