[Mostoleswifi-opina] {Spam?} E one of Mr. Trotter's "informal little dinners." MISS

Lista de Correo MostolesWiFi.com mostoleswifi-opina en lists.ourproject.org
Jue Dic 24 04:28:09 CET 2009

Sake and for _mine_! Tell us here the truth now--it will spare me much
to-morrow, perhaps--me whom you love--for love of me-- STERLING. [_In an
agony._] I'm afraid I'll lose you-- BLANCHE. No, I'll promise to stand
by you if you'll only tell _us all_ the truth. STERLING. [_In a low,
shamed voice._] I'll tell _you_, but not _now_--not before all these
others. [BLANCHE _looks up questioningly to_ MASON. MASON _shakes his
head._ BLANCHE. It _must_ be _now_, Dick. STERLING. No! no! I can't look
you in the face and tell it! Let me tell it to you _alone_, later, in
the dark. [BLANCHE _looks up questioningly to_ MASON. _He shakes his
head._ BLANCHE. It must be now. STERLING. No, no, I'm too ashamed, I
can't face you; in the dark I'll make a clean breast of it--let me tell
you in the dark. [WARDEN _moves and puts his hand on the electric-light
button beside the doorway at back._ WARDEN. In the DARK, then, _tell
it_! [_He presses the button and all the lights go out. The stage is in
complete darkness; only the voices are heard from the different places
in which the actors are last seen._ BLANCHE. [_Quickly._] Remember, to
help you to help ourselves, we must know everything. Go on. STERLING. It
began fourteen months ago, after Ned Warden put me on my feet; I got a
little ahead--why not get way ahead? There were plenty of men around me
making their fortunes! I wanted to equal them--climb as high as they; it
seemed easy enough for them, and luck had begun to come my way. We're
all climbers of some sort in this world. I was a climber after wealth
and everything it brings-- [_He stops a moment._ BLANCHE. [_Her voice
comes throbbing with pathetic emotion through the darkness._] And _I_
after _happiness_ and all it brings. STERLING. [_Deeply moved, his voice
trembles for a mome