[Lcc-general] D BROCKLEHURST. Mother urged me not to tell you anything about it;

Kerney congeniality at usplus.co.nz
Tue Mar 23 19:31:20 CET 2010

Voice of nature. LADY MARY (in a whisper). Then, if you want to
say it very much,
Gov., please say it to Polly Lasenby. CRICHTON (again in the grip of an idea). A king!
Polly, some people hold that the soul but leaves one human tenement for another, and so lives on through all the ages. I have occasionally thought

of late that, in some past existence, I may have been
a king. It has all come to me so naturally, not as if I had had to work it out, but-as-if-I-remembered. 'Or ever the knightly years were gone, With the old world to the grave, I was a king in Babylon,
And you were a Christian slave.' It may have been; you hear me, it may have been. LADY MARY (who is as one fascinated). It may have been. CRICHTON. I am lord over all. They are but hewers of wood and drawers of
water for me. These shores are mine. Why should I hesitate; I have no longer any doubt. I do believe I am doing the right thing. Dear Polly, I have grown to love you; are you afraid
to mate with me? (She rocks her arms; no words will come from her.) 'I was a