[kune-devel] is kune available for commercial use?

Steven Jay Cohen steven.jay.cohen at inresonance.com
Wed May 27 14:57:14 CEST 2009

I work for www.inresonance.com and we are building a community site as
part of a commercial venture, the goal of which, in part, is to lower
costs for non-profits by coordinating resources. I was incredibly
impressed by what I have seen thus far of kune. And, I would like to
know if you have (or would be willing to consider) adding a commercial
license as an option?

Let me explain what we do in our core business, because it may be
applicable in the situation.

We design databases for schools using FileMaker. Unlike most FileMaker
shops we do not lock down our products. We deliver them unlocked (Open
FileMaker) to our clients and teach them how to customize the content
for themselves. ( See http://www.inresonance.com/offerings/FMP/FAQs )
We charge a fee for install, support, and for migrating data to newer
versions of our software (since they can customize their DB, sometimes
migration can get pretty involved).

Ideally, I would like to license a similar agreement with Kune. We
have some GWT expertise in-house. We would probably write some of our
own extensions of the platform. I can easily see us paying for
installation, support, hosting, and version migrations.

Is this something you would be interested in?

Steven

-----
Steven Jay Cohen | Web Developer
inRESONANCE ... Solutions that resonate