[JoPP-Public] Editorial board member nomination: Dafne Calvo

Dafne Calvo dafnecal at gmail.com
Fri Sep 13 15:27:42 CEST 2019

Thank you, Mathieu, for the introduction.

My name is Dafne Calvo, and I am a predoctoral researcher in Digital
Communication at the University of Valladolid, Spain. I am finishing my
doctoral thesis on free culture and free software communities. You can see
part of the results in Digital Resistances, published in Ushahidi, which is
a map about initiatives of this kind in my country (although the map is in
continuous development and the answers are open to communities elsewhere).
Here is the link: https://resistenciasdigitales.ushahidi.io/

JoPP's articles have served me a lot as a theoretical and methodological
basis for my research. In these times of quantitative metrics, supporting
projects with the values of open access and collaborative production
implies a position of resistance. I want to be able to contribute to the
journal helping with the edition of special issues, providing ideas for new
issues and in general bringing from my knowledge and discipline to the
dissemination of social research on peer production.

If you have some questions, do not hesitate to ask me. I will be glad to
answer them.

Greetings to all,

El jue., 12 sept. 2019 a las 21:34, Mathieu O'Neil (<
mathieu.oneil at anu.edu.au>) escribió:

> Hi all
>
> its been a while since anyone was nominated so here is how it works: any
> member of the editorial board or editorial team can sponsor a new editorial
> board member.
>
> The sponsored person then posts a short bio and intended contribution to
> the list. If no-one objects, after a week the new person is officially
> invited to join the editorial board.
>
> I would like to sponsor Dafne Calvo.
>
> @Dafne: please post a short para outlining your research interests and
> your intended contribution to the journal. Thanks!
>
> cheers
> Mathieu

"*La curiosidad es insubordinación en su más pura forma"* - Vladimir Nabokov

*Dafne Calvo*
PhD Candidate, University of Valladolid
*dafnecalvo at autistici.org <dafnecalvo at autistici.org> (PGP
<https://pgp.mit.edu/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x077095145C3D8A88>)*
Academia <https://uva-es.academia.edu/DafneCalvo> | Scholar
<https://scholar.google.es/citations?user=coEvmEQAAAAJ&hl=es&oi=ao>| ORCID
<http://orcid.org/0000-0003-0659-6792>| Twitt*er*
<https://twitter.com/DafneCalvo>

*Cartografía de las resistencias digitales -  MAPA
<https://resistenciasdigitales.ushahidi.io/views/map>
<https://resistenciasdigitales.ushahidi.io/views/map>
<https://resistenciasdigitales.ushahidi.io/views/map>Grupo de Reflexión y
Estudio de la Comunicación Online - **GRECO <http://comdig.blogs.uva.es/> *