[JoPP-Public] JoPP website: some thoughts

Menichinelli Massimo massimo.menichinelli at aalto.fi
Fri Jun 29 00:51:22 CEST 2018

Hi,

Legacy content seems to be just an html text, not just static html because it is what visitors access but also because articles are simple pages in WP without any custom field (at least the ones I've checked). So it should be really just a matter of copy and paste... boring and manually, but there are not so many articles and issues to make it unbearable. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

OJS does not just publish the articles, but has the submission/review/approval workflow for each article, so not sure you want to replicate it (was it done always by e-mail and .doc files, right?).

OJS is simpler also in terms of infrastructure (php vs java), and probably enough for us. I've looked for WP themes more proper for the journal in the past months (none) and only recently found Ambra and that OJS has improved.

Ambra seems to have less documentation and discussions. It's done and used by PLOS ONE, so we should be pretty sure that it should do the work, but might be harder to install and maintain maybe?

Br,

Massimo

Massimo Menichinelli

mobile: (ESP) +34 657341068
Skype: openp2pdesign.org
http://it.linkedin.com/in/massimomenichinelli
openp2pdesign.org
Metadesign for Open Systems, Processes, Projects.
Studying and enabling Design for Open, Collaborative and Complex Systems since 2005.
http://www.openp2pdesign.org/
Aalto University
School of Art & Design -Department of Media
Helsinki - Finland
http://www.taik.fi/en