[JoPP-Public] Future of Journal of Peer Production

Kat Braybrooke kat.braybrooke at gmail.com
Wed Oct 4 18:24:38 CEST 2017

Hello all,

I would strongly agree with Dariuz that it would be great if archiving /
Google Scholar exposure were two key priorities. This is important for many
of us who want our works to be found and used easily.

Also agreed with the idea of an 'OPEN' call going out once a year, where
different groups/people can propose special issues that they think are
timely and relevant. The editorial team could then choose, each year, how
many issues to do based on that year's responses. And if it became a
regular thing known to various publics, people could even plan their
pitches in advance.

I wanted to add that as a co-editor of the most recent special issue, we
received a lot of submissions and also a great deal of interest. So I do
think it would be a great pity to stop the journal's activities when the
community continues to go strong.

On this note, as before, happy to help foster things when/where it's
useful.

- Kat

*kat braybrooke | @codekat <http://twitter.com/codekat> | codekat.net
<http://codekat.net/>*